Goodness, I can’t believe it’s the end of the year already. It seems as if last December was only a few weeks ago, not a whole year. Nevertheless, I’m happy that the Christmas season is drawing near and that I can have a short break from school. However, I still have to survive a week of final exams before I’m able to enjoy the comforts of my own home, so I decided to post a short bucket list of all my favorite holiday activities!
1. Bake holiday goodies with my mom. Actually, my sisters will probably do more cooking than me. I usually end up eating more than helping, but… it’s the thought and time spend together that counts, yes?
2. Finish making my handmade presents. Growing up, my family gave more handmade gifts than bought, so I’ve stuck with the tradition. Handmade gifts always seem so much personal, and I love taking the time to make something unique for each person.
3. Watch Christmas movies with the family. It’s a Wonderful Life and Elf are just two of the must sees. There’s nothing better than cuddling up in a nice warm blanket and enjoying time with the people you love.
4. Read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. I’m a British Literature major, and I owe it all to this lovely novel. Ever since high school, I’ve read it every Christmas Eve–this year will be no different.
5. Have a snowy day photoshoot with my sisters. Over Thanksgiving break, my sisters and I had fun taking pictures and playing in the leaves. Growing up, we didn’t always get along, so it’s wonderful to laugh and have fun with them.
6. Knit while listening to Michael Buble’s Christmas album. Does this really need any explanation? Knitting is wonderful. Buble’s voice is wonderful. Combining the two is just logical.
7. Sit by the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate or butterbeer. Yes, I’m a Harry Potter nerd. Yes, butterbeer is amazing, especially when it’s paired with a blazing fire and the lights of a Christmas tree.
What are you looking forward to this Christmas?